Planning is an important start to using Individualized Funding and creating a meaningful life. It is important for you to be involved in making your plan, so that you can choose what you do. You can also change the plans.
A plan can help you:
- Figure out your strengths, interests and goals
- Make sure your money meets your needs
- Create steps to reach your future goals
- Track your progress in meeting your goals
Planning with people who know you well and care about you can be helpful because they can support you to reach your goals.
Partners for Planning is a website with a lot of resources for planning. Here are some pages on this website to visit about planning:
- Person Directed Planning is a planned process of setting goals for yourself and making a plan to accomplish those goals. This link will provide more details about this process. Make sure to watch the video on this webpage that explains the benefits of Person Directed Planning.
- Inclusion Press is a website that has many planning resources for creating a plan for your life.
- The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services has a plain language guide about Person Directed Planning to help you better understand how to create a Person Directed Plan.